- 1/2 Day Course
- Ofqual Regulated
- Refresher training recommended every 3 years
The QA Level 2 Award in Principles of Manual Handling (RQF) is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification, designed to cover the basic principles of manual handling.
This theory based qualification is ideal for all employees as it provides candidates with an awareness of safe manual handling practices and the risks of unsafe manual handling.
With subjects covered in just half a day, this course is an ideal way to reduce the risk of workplace manual handling injuries, whilst minimising disruption to your organisation’s day to day activities!
- Common manual handling injuries
Manual handling laws
Responsibilities of employers and employees
Safe movement principles associated with manual
handling, including the body’s:
• Musculoskeletal system
• Centre of gravity
• Lever system
- Theory of safe manual handling principles, including:
• Preparing for a lift
• Solo lifting, carrying and lowering an object
• Team manual handling
Manual handling equipment:
• Types of manual handling aids and equipment
• Maintenance and requirements for testing