- 2 Day Course
- Ofqual Regulated
- Certificate valid for 3 years
Did you know 1 in 4 people in the UK are likely to experience mental health problems each year?
Mental health is just as important as physical health, yet whilst we know how to take care of our own physical health, many people do not know how to support relatives, friends and even colleagues who are experiencing poor mental health. By developing a greater understanding of common mental health issues, as well as how best to support and guide someone to professional help, you can help further reduce the stigma associated with mental health in the UK.
The QA Level 3 Award in Mental Health First Aid in the Workplace (RQF) is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification that has been specifically designed for those who would like to raise their awareness of mental health, develop an understanding on how best to support, reassure and signpost colleagues to professional support. What’s more, candidates will develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to actively promote positive mental health within their workplace, making it an ideal qualification for mental health champions/first aiders, human resources, managers, supervisors and team leaders.
- Understanding mental health and its importance
- The roles and responsibilities for mental health in the workplace
- Importance of own wellbeing as a mental health first aider
- Common mental health conditions, including:
- Characteristics and features
- Work-related stress
- Eating disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Promoting positive mental health first aid in the workplace
- Best practice for employers
- Mental health first aid at work action plan
- Appropriate coping strategies
- How employers can provide support to employees in the
- Assisting those off work or returning to work
- Procedures to support employees who are off work whilst
experiencing poor mental health
- Types of support available both locally and nationally