- 2 Day Course
Medication Administration for Carers Level 2
This online or face to face Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication training course is suitable for:
Domiciliary care workers
Locum and agency care workers
Community healthcare assistants
Support workers and
• Understanding legislative framework for the use of medication in social care.
• Understand the relevant legislation and regulation that covers medication, (I’m flying movie)
• Understand all other relevant legislation other guidelines and policies and procedures
• Understand roles and responsibilities of medication in social care settings, awareness of medicine and healthcare products. Regulatory agency, Murray statement and definition of medications and drugs,
• Understand techniques for administering medication, the process and be able to record and report the use of medication.
• Understand the process of support South administration
• Recognise side effects and dealing with medication errors.
• Understand the process of receiving, storing and disposing of
medication supplies safely.
• Know how to promote rights and respect the privacy and
dignity of individual when managing medication
• Managers responsibilities and the implementation of ongoing monitoring of the care worker
• Manage responsibility and the implementation of ongoing monitoring of the care worker.
On successful completion of the course, all delegates will receive a
Certificate of Attendance which we recommend is renewed every year
The maximum number of delegates permitted on each course is 12,
and they must attend the entire course duration to be eligible to gain the Certificate of Attendance.