- 1 Day Course
- Ofqual Regulated
- Certificate valid for 3 years
Did you know 1 in 4 people in the UK are likely to experience mental health problems each year?
Mental health is just as important as physical health, yet whilst we know how to take care of our own physical health, many people do not know how to support friends, relatives or even colleagues who are experiencing poor mental health. By developing a greater understanding of common mental health conditions, as well as how best to support and guide someone to professional help, you can help to reduce the stigma associated with mental health in the UK.
The QA Level 2 Award in Understanding Mental Health in the Workplace (RQF) is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification that has been specifically designed to raise awareness of the signs and symptoms of common mental health conditions in the workplace and how best to offer support and guidance to colleagues. During this course, candidates will develop a greater understanding on the importance of positive mental health and wellbeing in the workplace and the role that everyone plays in recognising and handling mental health issues at work.
- Understanding mental health and its importance
- Identifying the roles and responsibilities of those associated with mental health in the workplace
- Legislation associated with mental health in the workplace
- Promoting positive mental health in the workplace
- Identifying key features within a mental health first aid at
work action plan and listening techniques
- Common mental health conditions, including:
- Work-related stress
- Eating disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive Compulsive disorder (OCD)