- 1 Day Course
- Ofqual Regulated
- Refresher training every 3 years
Did you know that incorrect manual handling causes over a third of all workplace injuries?
The law states that employers have a legal responsibility to provide adequate training for those who perform manual handling tasks in their day to day role.
QA Level 2 Award in Safe Moving and Handling (RQF) is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification designed for those who work, or intend to work, in a role that involves manual handling. It is the perfect course for those working in a variety of environments including warehouses and shops.
Successful candidates will learn the key principles of manual handling and how to apply these to their workplace. They will also practise a wide range of techniques, ensuring that they leave the course confident and proficient in moving and handling.
- Common manual handling injuries
- Manual handling laws
- Responsibilities of employers and employees
- Risk assessments
- Safe movement principles associated with manual handling, including the body’s:
- Musculoskeletal system
- Centre of gravity
- Lever system
- Manual handling practical sessions:
- Solo lifting, carrying and lowering an object
- Team manual handling
- Using equipment
- Manual handling equipment:
- Types of manual handling aids and equipment
- Maintenance and requirements for testing