- 1 Day Course
- Ofqual Regulated
- Refresher training every 3 years
The QA Level 2 Award in Principles and Practice of Moving People Safely (RQF) is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification that has been specifically designed for those who work, or intend to work, in a role that involves assisting and moving people.
This 1 day course provides candidates with a clear understanding of the principles of moving people safely and includes the opportunity to practise and apply these principles in a variety of situations; individually, in a team, and with the assistance of equipment.
Candidates will leave the course with the knowledge and skills required to move people safely whilst ensuring that the risk of personal harm is reduced and that health and dignity are retained.
- Importance of safe manual handling
- Injuries & ill health caused by incorrect manual handling
- Employee and employer requirements
- Consequences of non-compliance with health and safety requirements
- Manual handling risk assessments
- Personal handling plans
- Personal safety, health and dignity issues
- Unsafe manoeuvres
- Anatomy of the spine and mechanics of movement
- Principles of moving people safely
- Procedures for emergency handling
- Requirements for testing and servicing equipment
- Practice of safe and efficient movement principles
- Using aids and equipment
- Moving a person on their own
- Moving a person as part of a team