- 4 Hour Course
- Ofqual Regulated
- Refresher training recommended every 3 years
Did you know that 30.7 million working days were lost due to work-related illnesses and workplace injury in 2017/18?
It is an employer’s duty to protect the health, safety and welfare of their employees and other people who might be affected by their business. This includes providing sufficient information, instruction and training to employees to allow them to work in a way that does not put themselves or others at risk.
The QA Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (RQF) has been specifically designed to provide candidates with a basic introduction to workplace health and safety. It is suitable for all employees working in a range of environments, as well as employees returning to work or entering work for the first time.
With all subjects covered in just 4 hours, this regulated and nationally recognised qualification is ideal for providing employees with a basic understanding of workplace health and safety whilst helping employers to fulfil their legal duties.
- Health and Safety roles and responsibilities of employers and employees
- The importance of health and safety in the workplace
- Workplace hazards and risks:
- Slips, trips and falls
- Working at heights
- Manual handling
- Hazardous substances
- Machinery and vehicles
- Workplace conditions that can affect health and safety
- Health and safety signage
- Personal Protective Equipment and its uses
- Importance of personal hygiene
- The purpose of first aid provision
- The need for reporting incidents and ill health