- 3 day course
- Ofqual Regulated
- Certificate valid for 3 years
The Combined First Aid at Work and Paediatric First Aid Course is ideal for those who work in settings that require both first aiders and paediatric first aiders, such as schools, sports clubs or other childcare settings.
Combining the QA Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (RQF) and the QA Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF) into 3 extended days of classroom learning, this specially designed course enables candidates to gain the skills and knowledge needed to provide both adult and paediatric first aid, whilst minimising the number of training days required to achieve both qualifications.
Candidates will cover a range of topics needed to provide effective first aid for adults, children and infants including CPR and defibrillation, choking, stroke, head injuries, asthma and much more.
- Roles and responsibilities of both first aiders and paediatric first aiders
- Assessing an incident
- Casualty assessment
- Managing an unresponsive casualty
- Recovery position
- CPR and defibrillation
- Heart attack and Angina
- Febrile convulsions
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Wounds, bleeding and hypovolaemic shock
- Chest injuries
- Dislocations, sprains and strains
- Burns and scalds
- Minor injuries
- Eye, nose and ear injuries
- Electric shock
- Incident reporting